Resurrecting ticky code

Mateusz Lenik mlen at mlen.pl
Mon Nov 3 17:18:48 UTC 2014

Hi *,

Recently I started working on resurrecting ticky code[1] and got to the point
where I can compile and run bumpHistogram as well as accompanying code in RTS.

Work in progress version can be found at [2], but there are few things
remaining to get it working:

* missing calls to tickyReturnNewCon, tickyUnboxedTupleReturn and
  tickyVectoredReturn need to be added. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the
  code enough to find the right place to insert them.

* magic eight needs to be replaced by a constant both Haskell and C files.
  Preprocessor macro seems to be the simplest choice here, however I don't find
  it the cleanest way to do it.

I would be very grateful if someone could take a look and point me into the
right direction.

Best,
Mateusz

1: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8308
2: https://github.com/mlen/ghc/compare/ticky

--
Mateusz Lenik
GPG: B865 E86A D36C 11A5 C1F8  C1D9 AAD4 CEC9 6B94 92C4