Can't compile GHC-7.8.3 from git, fails on haskell98 library

Dr. ERDI Gergo gergo at erdi.hu
Sun Nov 2 15:03:13 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014, Carter Schonwald wrote:

> Are you sure there's a -release tag?What was the exact clone and checkout you did?

You don't see the same tag? Are we even looking at the same repo? Mine was
cloned from ssh://git@git.haskell.org/ghc.git and the tag in question is:

22:58:13 [cactus at galaxy ghc-7.8]$ git rev-parse ghc-7.8.3-release
4b1bcd4bfed2de5a1cd5ab2eb64e396ae647d963

Also how I arrived at that commit should be irrelevant -- there should be
no weird dangling external state by git branch names or tag names or
anything like that.