Haddock repo doesn't accept pushes?

Dr. ERDI Gergo gergo at erdi.hu
Sun May 25 06:50:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've just tried pushing a commit to the Haddock repo on git.haskell.org:

14:45:36 [cactus at galaxy haddock]$ git push -u origin HEAD
Counting objects: 9, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 462 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 5 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: W refs/heads/master haddock gergo DENIED by refs/.*
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To ssh://git@git.haskell.org/haddock.git
  ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git@git.haskell.org/haddock.git'

So, OK, maybe I don't remember correctly and I can't push to master, let's
push to my branch so that I can ask someone to move it over:

14:46:47 [cactus at galaxy haddock]$ git push --force -u origin HEAD:wip/pattern-synonyms
Counting objects: 9, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 462 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 5 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: + refs/heads/wip/pattern-synonyms haddock gergo DENIED by refs/.*
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/wip/pattern-synonyms
To ssh://git@git.haskell.org/haddock.git
  ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> wip/pattern-synonyms (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git@git.haskell.org/haddock.git'

I could try merging origin/master into the existing wip/pattern-synonyms
branch but there wouldn't be much point in resolving all the merge
conflicts, since my local branch (which is just one commit on top of
origin/master) is already exactly what I'd want to push to master.

So how do I get my commit (which is needed for a patch to GHC proper) into
the Haddock repo?

Thanks,
 	Gergo