Gergely Risko gergely at risko.hu
Sun May 11 19:02:09 UTC 2014

>From your build log:
checking for __gmpz_powm in -lgmp... yes
checking for __gmpz_powm_sec in -lgmp... yes
checking gmp.h usability... yes
checking gmp.h presence... yes
checking for gmp.h... yes

Searching for qnkyas42nf0knps3va30y29y3zvmgy2v in your build log, it's
also seems so that the build.mk lines have effect and both the lib and
the include line is correctly passed in.

Can it be, that the "DYNAMIC_BY_DEFAULT = NO" is causing the issue?  May
I ask you to try without that?  Not as a final solution, just as a try?
Maybe you will have to add "GhcLibWays = v dyn" too, I usually not
remove the whole build.mk, just use the build.mk.sample with quick and
then add my additional stuff, like the gmp lines that are needed for NixOS.

And again, an strace on "ghc-stage2 --interactive" with "-ff -e file"
and grepping for libgmp would be very useful.

Gergely