Cabal can't open a TCP connection

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu May 8 17:25:30 UTC 2014

I think this fix would belong in the HTTP library.

I've opened https://github.com/haskell/HTTP/issues/66 - the only
argument against making the change I can see is that it might not be
consistent with other tools, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

If noone has an opposing view I'll probably implement it soon.