Wired-in packages not found

Maarten Faddegon ghc-dev at maartenfaddegon.nl
Thu Mar 27 10:27:13 UTC 2014

Dear GHC-devs,

I want to experiment with the RTS of GHC but the compiler I built has
problems finding some wired-in packages. How can I include these?

This is what I did:

* Download ghc-7.6.3 sources.
* Make some changes in rts/
* ./configure && make
* inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 --make my_example.lhs -v

And this is the output produced by the last step:

wired-in package ghc-prim mapped to ghc-prim-0.3.0.0-inplace
wired-in package integer-gmp mapped to integer-gmp-0.5.0.0-inplace
wired-in package base mapped to base-4.6.0.1-inplace
wired-in package rts mapped to builtin_rts
wired-in package template-haskell not found.
wired-in package dph-seq not found.
wired-in package dph-par not found.
my_example.lhs:88:8:
     Could not find module `Language.Haskell.TH'
     Locations searched:
       Language/Haskell/TH.hs
       Language/Haskell/TH.lhs

Thanks,