RC2 release imminent

Jens Petersen juhpetersen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:23:11 UTC 2014

> New source distributions are available here:
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.8.1-rc2/

Thanks!  (I would have just called it RC3:)

I have done a couple of testbuilds:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=6586630 (built against
ghc-7.6.3)

and a build in my Fedora Copr ghc-7.8 repo for Fedora 20
http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/petersen/ghc-7.8/ (against the original
RC2)
which gave the following testsuite results:

* x86_64 Linux

 0:17:38 spent to go through
    3898 total tests, which gave rise to
   12789 test cases, of which
    9232 were skipped
      48 had missing libraries
    3448 expected passes
      58 expected failures
       0 caused framework failures
       0 unexpected passes
       3 unexpected failures
Unexpected failures:
   codeGen/should_run  T8256 [exit code non-0] (normal)
   perf/compiler       T4801 [stat not good enough] (normal)
   rts                 T8124 [exit code non-0] (normal)

* i686 Linux

 0:17:03 spent to go through
    3898 total tests, which gave rise to
   12789 test cases, of which
    9236 were skipped
      48 had missing libraries
    3439 expected passes
      57 expected failures
       3 caused framework failures
       0 unexpected passes
       9 unexpected failures
Unexpected failures:
   ../../libraries/base/tests  T8766 [stat too good] (normal)
   codeGen/should_run          T8256 [exit code non-0] (normal)
   perf/compiler               T1969 [stat not good enough] (normal)
   perf/compiler               T3064 [stat not good enough] (normal)
   perf/compiler               T6048 [stat not good enough] (optasm)
   perf/haddock                haddock.Cabal [stat not good enough] (normal)
   perf/haddock                haddock.base [stat not good enough] (normal)
   perf/haddock                haddock.compiler [stat not good enough] (normal)
   rts                         T8124 [exit code non-0] (normal)

Since there were some "unexpected failures" I thought I would post then here.

I started a full production build on there now too, which might finish in 45min.

Jens