HEADS-UP: Git submodule conversion imminent

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 12:44:38 UTC 2014

Hi Simon,

On 2014-06-26 at 14:13:08 +0200, Simon Peyton Jones wrote:
> Did you follow up with more specific instructions?
>
> In particular,
> - how do I bring an existing clean tree up to date?

I tought I addressed that right at the start of

 http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2014-June/005311.html

?

> - if I have a tree with a bunch of as-yet-unpushed commits, what do I
> do?

If you have as-yet-unpushed commits in ghc.git, there shouldn't be
anything special to handle. Or were you referring to the case of having
unpushed commits in the converted sub-repos?

Cheers,
  hvr