GHC silently turns off dynamic output, should this be an error?

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:59:59 UTC 2014

I wonder if this is the source of the problem I had with ^C'ing parallel
rebuilds.

I'll often build, realizing I should be doing something differently, ^C
out, tweak something start a build again, etc. but if I have -j on then I
find that doing so occasionally causes me to start missing dyn_hi files
after the package builds.

If I ^C'd in between generating one and the other being written, could that
be what is causing other consistency problems later in my build?

I've hesitated on reporting it (other than mentioning it in passing to
Austin) because it has been fiendishly hard to reproduce and only happens
on my more er.. monolithic projects. I've gone back to sequential builds as
a result of this though.

-Edward