Deep embeddings and Arrows Re: Uniquable RdrName instance

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 19:10:14 UTC 2014

to clarify: having bind would be equivalent to having arr for the purposes
of my question (assuming its the standard monadic bind).

having arr :: (b -> c) -> a b c

is tantamount to assuming that any haskell function can be embedded in an
arrow instance
which prevents a lot of interesting deep embedding uses of the Arrow
abstraction/ or at least makes it a bit tricker. (eg things like writing
circuits or certain types of compiled FRP models).