GHC/cabal release procedures, and Stackage

Páli Gábor János pali.gabor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:26:02 UTC 2014

> Some builders such as upload snapshots but I don't know how it's decided
> which. See [1] for example of such build. I think Pali makes the call.

There is no exact clear criteria for deciding which clients shall
upload the snapshots.  If you need snapshots for a builder that
currently does not have, tell me.  But I think it would make more
sense to save the resulting builds only for builders that build for
Tier-1 platforms and the build is the different enough from others for
the (similar) platform.  For example, keeping the snapshots for every
minor version of OS X or Linux + glibc might not be a great idea.
However, validating on the most possible combination of systems is.