phabricator issue with git submodules.

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Fri Jul 25 21:48:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

just fixing few warning issues on Solaris/x86. The changes spread over
main ghc tree and libraries/primitive and libraries/unix. I already
commited changes and pushed to my github.com's forks of
libraries/primitive and libraries/unix. The git status looks then:

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 2 commits.
   (use "git push" to publish your local commits)

Changes not staged for commit:
   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

         modified:   libraries/primitive (new commits)
         modified:   libraries/unix (new commits)

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

and yet phabricator still complains about it:

$ arc diff
You have unstaged changes in this working copy.

   Working copy: /export/home/karel/vcs/ghc-src/validate-fixes/

   Unstaged changes in working copy:
     libraries/primitive
     libraries/unix

     Do you want to amend these files to the commit? [y/N]

Usage Exception: Stage and commit (or revert) them before proceeding.

I pressed enter in question above.

Is that a known issue or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
Karel