Removing GHC's dependency on Cabal

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Jul 24 14:07:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 24.07.2014, 14:56 +0100 schrieb Edward Z.Yang:
> We were wondering if there was any reason to prefer the former
> situation over the latter.

One way to decide that is to ask “What is the more stable interface”?
I.e. under what circumstances will upgrading Cabal require upgrading
packages depended upon by ghc.

So while Duncan’s Proposal has no such dependency, in Simon’s proposal
there is one. Will ghc-db’s interface be stable enough that the Cabal
developers will be happy to build against a very old version of it?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner