At long last: 2014.2.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 13:59:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:09 AM, George Colpitts <george.colpitts at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Installed on the Mac, looks good, ...
> ​did cabal install -j3 of threadscope, criterion, hlint, ghc-mod,
> quickcheck, smallcheck and smartcheck​

That's all a good sign...

not sure if following is significant:

>  ghc-pkg check
>  Warning: library-dirs: /opt/local/lib/ doesn't exist or isn't a directory
> Warning: include-dirs: /opt/local/include/ doesn't exist or isn't a
> directory
> Warning: haddock-interfaces:
> /Users/gcolpitts/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.8.3/lib/Cabal-1.20.0.1/doc/html/Cabal.haddock
> doesn't exist or isn't a file

Something is amiss in how things ended up on your machine. I've just double
checked the contents of the Mac distro and /opt doesn't appear in any of
the package registrations. Furthermore, unless you built Cabal-1.20.0.1, it
shouldn't be in your package db. My rough guess is that you've got a 7.8.3
compatible package db left over from a prior install somewhere. Can you
e-mail me directly the output of:

which cabal
cabal --version
which ghc