At long last: 2014.2.0.0 Release Candidate 1

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:10:03 UTC 2014

Hmmm, even after copying the stuff below build/target to /usr/local
and extending my PATH things don't work, because the packages are not
registered with GHC. Somehow I get the impression that I misunderstand
how things are supposed to work, so let's repeat my use case:

   * Download the right bindist from
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_7_8_3#x86_64linux

   * Download and unpack the 2014.2.0.0 RC1 (and add the missing hptool files).

   * Do ??? to compile and install GHC 7.8.3 and the 2014.2.0.0 to a
given prefix, e.g. ~/local.

So my question is: What exactly is "???"? :-)