The haddock / clang problem revisited ... root cause found...

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 17:28:05 UTC 2014

After discussion on #ghc, my revised plan is that HP 2014.2.0.0 will
include just Cabal-1.18.1.3. While the double-pre-processing is "wrong" on
all oses, it only systems with clang as the compiler.

For the Mac OS X build of HP 2014.2.0.0, I'll be basing it on a "patched"
version of GHC 7.8.3 that bumps Cabal to Cabal-1.18.1.4 (and relaxing the
hptool build to not balk at this change). I can make that GHC bindist
available as well, for those that want GHC w/o HP.

- Mark