Thread status constants

Kyle Van Berendonck kvanberendonck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 20:51:11 UTC 2014

Hi Simon,

I have been inspecting what gcc generates and found that in all the
functions I checked which used the thread status in a switch, none of them
generated jump tables, rather, long chains of cmp's.

I predict this is because there are overlapping cases (or even a
fall-through in one I saw, which looked accidental...).