a little phrustrated

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Fri Jul 18 11:44:07 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Jan Stolarek's message of 2014-07-17 08:35:19 +0100:
> 1. Complaining about any untracked or uncommited changes in the source tree. This is mostly
> annoying. How can I tell arcanist to ignore such changes? Rant: I really don't like tools that
> try to be smarter than me and prohibit from doing what I want them to do.

OK, I finally gave in and took a look at the Phabricator source code.

Short answer: It's hard-coded, you can't disable the check

Medium answer: It's pretty easy to disable, just uncomment the two
'throw new ArcanistUsageException' lines in
src/workflow/ArcanistBaseWorkflow.php which complain about
staging/committing before proceeding

Long answer: Arcanist lint will still run on your working tree, so you
are going to get spurious lint results.  Oof!

Edward