Windows breakage -- again

Niklas Larsson metaniklas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 20:05:35 UTC 2014

| On my Linux box, gcc -v says it was configured with --with-arch-32=i686,
which means that -march=i686 is the default for 32-bit code.  We shouldn't
go any later than that IMO.

| Anyway, this is all beside the point, if we aren't able to run the code
generated by gcc (in whatever mode) then there's a bug somewhere.

I've looked at it more now. The bug is that the mingw32 build is generating
code for i386, which lacks these assembler primitives. The failure to link
is just because gcc is sticking in these undefined symbols on the
off-chance that you want to provide them yourself, they aren't included in
gcc. Stick a -march=i686 in there and it works.

I don't think it's reasonable to cater for processors that doesn't have
support for CAS. So I'm testing a patch that just adds a -march=i686 flag
for 32-bit mingw in aclocal.m4.

Niklas