HEAD build fails on compiling haddoc
karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Tue Jul 15 12:19:15 UTC 2014
I'm trying to compile HEAD on amd64-solaris2 platform, but the build
"inplace/bin/ghc-stage2" -hisuf dyn_hi -osuf dyn_o -hcsuf dyn_hc -fPIC
-dynamic -H32m -O -hide-all-packages -i -iutils/haddock/driver
-Iutils/haddock/dist/build/autogen -optP-DIN_GHC_TREE -optP-include
Cabal-126.96.36.199 -package array-0.5.0.0 -package base-188.8.131.52 -package
bytestring-0.10.4.0 -package containers-0.5.5.1 -package deepseq-184.108.40.206
-package directory-220.127.116.11 -package filepath-18.104.22.168 -package
ghc-7.9.20140715 -package xhtml-3000.2.1 -funbox-strict-fields -Wall
-fwarn-tabs -O2 -XHaskell2010 -no-user-package-db -rtsopts -odir
utils/haddock/dist/build -hidir utils/haddock/dist/build -stubdir
utils/haddock/dist/build -c utils/haddock/src/Haddock/GhcUtils.hs -o
Not in scope: data constructor ‘TyFamInstEqn’
Perhaps you meant ‘TyFamInstD’ (imported from GHC)
‘tfie_rhs’ is not a (visible) constructor field name
gmake: *** [utils/haddock/dist/build/Haddock/GhcUtils.dyn_o] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
is this just issue on my system or general issue which waits for someone
to resolve it?
Since I built HEAD successfully just two days ago, this patch may looks
Author: Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com>
Date: Tue Jul 15 07:43:55 2014 +0100
Entirely re-jig the handling of default type-family instances
(fixes Trac #9063)
In looking at Trac #9063 I decided to re-design the default
instances for associated type synonyms. Previously it was all
jolly complicated, to support generality that no one wanted, and
was arguably undesirable.
* The default instance for an associated type can have only
type variables on the LHS. (Not type patterns.)
* There can be at most one default instances declaration for
each associated type.
To achieve this I had to do a surprisingly large amount of refactoring
of HsSyn, specifically to parameterise HsDecls.TyFamEqn over the type
of the LHS patterns.
That change in HsDecls has a (trivial) knock-on effect in Haddock, so
this commit does a submodule update too.
The net result is good though. The code is simpler; the language
specification is simpler. Happy days.
Trac #9263 and #9264 are thereby fixed as well.
but I'm not expert so no offense! And if this is a mistake on my side,
then I'm really sorry for false alarm.
More information about the ghc-devs