64bit Solaris was: Re: 7.8.1 plan

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Mon Jul 14 06:24:48 UTC 2014

Folks,

thanks to 64bit GHC binaries provided by Alain's SmartOS builder I've
been able to hack GHC to compile well on/for x86_64-solaris platform.
Austin already merged the support into GHC HEAD, see
https://phabricator.haskell.org/rGHC6da603213b097a267418d8c14cbfaf0021ac2b2c

It would be great if you also give it a try and test on your systems or
with cross-compiling without a need to install SmartOS libraries.

Thanks!
Karel