Injective type families

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Thu Jul 10 16:40:44 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Jan Stolarek <jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl>
wrote:

> 1. Standard injective type family (all parameters uniquely determined by
> the RHS):
>    injective type family F a b c | a b c
>
> <snip>
>
>  2. Type family injective only in some parameters (ie. only some
> parameters uniquely determined by the RHS):
>    injective type family G a b c | a b

English is not my mother tongue. Perhaps you mean: 'the image under the
type function is uniquely determined by the parameters on the right of the
vertical bar'?

As they stand, the sentences confuse which determines what.

Such confusion has a way of squirreling into official documentation.

-- Kim-Ee