Explicitly bidirectional pattern synonyms for 7.8.3?

Dr. ERDI Gergo gergo at erdi.hu
Tue Jul 8 12:38:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've spent the last couple evenings implementing explicitly-bidirectional
pattern synonyms, partly while waiting for someone to help out with #9023.
Explicitly-bidirectional pattern synonyms are described in #8581.

My question is: now that I have this mostly working, is this something
that could be added to 7.8.3, or is this too much of a new feature for a
point release? I'd like to know because then I can prioritize finishing
the work (it still needs some tests added and also someone to review the
changes).

Thanks,
 	Gergo