A modest proposal (re the Platform)

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 05:25:30 UTC 2014

Jens,
are you willing to undertake providing support for all the problems in
current 7.6 on ALL platforms right now?

Are you willing to test the builds on all platforms, and be the person to
help everyone who's hitting issues?

doing an HP release now will push back the release timeline of an HP
version with 7.8 that has full first class support for 10.9 clang quirks +
the win64 fixes that are landing in head this past week, along with a whole
slew of other ecosystem amazing improvements.

I suspect the next HP will be using 7.8.2, because certain final steps of
the windows fixes are slated for that release, though maybe things'll move
up and get fixed in 7.8.1. I could be wrong mind you.

I'm *quite super duper happy* that the next HP will be 7.8.