Reply etiquette

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 30 02:15:26 UTC 2014

Ah, yes, the reply-to worked great.

I use the Mac Mail app, which lacks a reply-to-list feature (as far as I can tell). So, without a reply-to in the header, I have two choices without manual override: reply sender (omits the list) or reply all (includes both sender and list). Of course, I can tailor my headers before I send, but it honestly never occurred to me that this mattered. Now that you point out your filtering strategy, it's obvious. In any case, by putting in the reply-to, all is better.

Keeping in mind that others are likely using a similar filtering strategy, I will try to pay more attention to this in the future.

Richard