Nightlies

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Jan 27 09:47:24 UTC 2014

Good morning,

Am Sonntag, den 26.01.2014, 19:18 -0600 schrieb Austin Seipp:
> Disregard all this, upon closer inspection I see you only wanted
> ./validate anyway.* :)
>
> * But it still will hurt more when you add in low-powered builders.

right, I did not want to highjack the thread with my wishlist.

And even then I would not want low-powered builders, but rather one
strong, “most typical” setup. I think it would already by a big win if
we ensured statically (heh) that every change to master has been
validated completely once somewhere. And if for changes like the one I
liked (removing dead code), as a developer I don’t have to laboriously
enforce this invariant (which I obviously then didn’t do), but can rely
on the safety nets of the infrastructure.

Greetings,
Joachim

PS: I’m subscribed to the list, no need to mail me personally.

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
  Jabber: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de  • GPG-Key: 0x4743206C
  Debian Developer: nomeata at debian.org