Nightlies

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Mon Jan 27 01:08:39 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Mateusz Kowalczyk
<fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk> wrote:
> If we can get the validate results from other people's machines, at the
> very least we have a sanity check: does it only fail for me or for
> everyone else too? I think that if we have a list of platforms with
> angry red everywhere, accessible to everyone, people are more likely to
> react to build failures and we're less likely to have e-mails on
> ghc-devs from people going ‘is it just me or is it failing for everyone?’.

And for the record, I do agree with this. I think a historic problem
is the results have never been public enough to most developers, and
unfortunately not everyone is trained to respond to just the emails
sent to ghc-builds at haskell.org to diagnose a problem. Seeing a
gigantic angry red build failure that blames you directly is likely
much easier to for most people as opposed to sorting through emails
from bots every morning.

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant