32-bit Linux perf numbers

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 14:26:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just ran validate on 32-bit Linux with the latest HEAD. Here's the
end of the log:

> Unexpected results from:
> TEST="T1969 haddock.Cabal haddock.base"
>
> OVERALL SUMMARY for test run started at Thu Jan 23 13:35:12 2014 GMT
>  0:18:40 spent to go through
>     3881 total tests, which gave rise to
>    15164 test cases, of which
>    11619 were skipped
>
>       28 had missing libraries
>     3456 expected passes
>       58 expected failures
>
>        3 caused framework failures
>        0 unexpected passes
>        3 unexpected failures
>
> Unexpected failures:
>    perf/compiler  T1969 [stat not good enough] (normal)
>    perf/haddock   haddock.Cabal [stat not good enough] (normal)
>    perf/haddock   haddock.base [stat not good enough] (normal)

I think that the Haddock numbers were adjusted recently (and no
further changes have been made to Haddock since) but it seems that it
was not enough.

T1969 also seems to need inspection: should I be filing a bug for
that?

You can see the full log at http://fuuzetsu.co.uk/misc/validate23012014

Perhaps there should be a separate thread about this but what's
happening with the nightly builds that would catch these? The builds
have been stopped for months now and it doesn't seem like they'll ever
resume at this rate.

I can offer a 32-bit Linux box to run a validate build daily if
finding the machines to build on is a problem.

Thanks

--
Mateusz K.