Pattern synonyms for 7.8?

Dr. ERDI Gergo gergo at erdi.hu
Sat Jan 18 13:36:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've now pushed a re-based version to wip/pattern-synonyms that

1. contains a users_guide entry for -XPatternSynonyms (mostly modelled on
the -XViewPatterns docs and the existing Wiki pages for PatternSynonyms)

2. fixes all test failures except for the following two which also occur
on master:

    perf/should_run  T5237 [stat not good enough] (normal)
    th               T8633 [bad exit code] (normal)

3. adds a note to the users_guide that pattern synonym declarations don't
work in GHCi.

Could a native English speaker please read through the documentation
changes on wip/pattern-synonyms?

Also, I guess this is my official submission of the wip/pattern-synonyms
branch for merge into master.

Thanks,
 	Gergo

--