Starting GHC development.

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 10:29:51 UTC 2014

On 12/01/14 10:25, Daniil Frumin wrote:
> Does anyone actually know which tests are supposed to fail on 'validate'?

AFAIK the official stance is that you should see 0 failures.
Unofficially it seems that there's leniency and the tree seems to be in
a state with few tests failing consistently. It might be just my machine
though, but whenever I post my build logs, there seems to be no sense of
urgency to investigate so it does not seem like anyone cares or the
issue is known/being worked on.

Unfortunately, the side effect of this (and what put me off when I tried
to write some stuff for GHC months ago) was that a new developer comes,
tries to build clean tree and it fails. It's pretty discouraging.

--
Mateusz K.