Optimisation flags at -O0

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 9 13:40:14 UTC 2014

It appears I get the same output wether I use `-fspec-constr` or not.

I'm afraid so.  Look in simplCore/SimplCore.lhs, function getCoreToDo.  This builds the main optimisation pipeline.  You'll see that it has a -O0 path and a -O1/-O2 path.  The flag Opt_SpecConstr is consulted only in the latter.

One could perhaps do it differently but that's the way it is right now.

I test an isolated optimisation by switching it on and off with -O1.

Simon