Alex unicode trick

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 14:38:55 UTC 2014

Krasimir is right, it would be hard to use Alex's built-in Unicode
support because we have to automatically generate the character classes
from the Unicode spec somehow.  Probably Alex ought to include these as
built-in macros, but right now it doesn't.

Even if we did have access to the right regular expressions, I'm
slightly concerned that the generated state machine might be enormous.