Starting GHC development.

Kyle Van Berendonck kvanberendonck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 12:21:56 UTC 2014

The build/test system could be scaring away potential developers too.

Not to complain or anything, but I used to try building GHC (form scratch)
every 2 months or so and It would (usually) completely fail to build on
Windows and OSX, and when it does, there would be some problem with the
makefile where it either wouldn't rebuild properly and required a
dist-clean or it wouldn't handle anything above -j1 properly.

I'm (hoping) that these issues have been resolved by now.

The test suite is also really scary.

Regards.