ticket for adding ARM backend to NCG?

Rob Stewart robstewart57 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 19:06:57 UTC 2014

On 3 January 2014 12:37, Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:

> * But using LLVM has some disadvantages.
>   c) we play some efficiency tricks (notably "tables next to code") that
>      LLVM can't play (yet).  I think.

In fact, this could well be implemented in the GHC 7.10, as this has
been committed in LLVM on 15th September:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2013-September/002565.html

Implementing "tables next to code" in the LLVM IR generation may be
something to get one's teeth into in time for 7.10 ?

Carter: was this discussed further on #haskell-llvm ?

--
Rob