GHC Api

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 3 10:19:02 UTC 2014

| Is this with a statically linked or dynamically linked GHC?

I don't know.  How would I find out?  (It's the one built by validate.)

You are asking about GHC, but I guess there's also the question of whether the test program itself is statically or dynamically linked.  I don't know that either. I just said

    ~/5builds/HEAD-2/inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 -o T8628 T8628.hs -package ghc

Why would static/dynamic linking make a difference?  That's very confusing!

| Does doing
|     runStmt "hFlush stdout"
| afterwards make it appear?

Yes, it does.  Again, that's very confusing.  Shouldn't we automatically do a hFlush, so that output is not silently discarded?

Simon