Building GHC head with clang on Mavericks

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 20:09:32 UTC 2014

sven,http://www.haskell.org/platform/mac.html  has a wrapper script that
makes clang play nice with CPP, though a simpler alternative one can be
found on manuel's page here
http://justtesting.org/post/64947952690/the-glasgow-haskell-compiler-ghc-on-os-x-10-9.
That said, it also doesnt work for all use case, hence why i generally
recommend people also have gcc installed.

there are plans post 7.8 release to give ghc a haskell native CPP analogue,
but thats not happening for 7.8

HP + ghc 7.6 users have to use a clang wrapper script like the above,
probably
http://justtesting.org/post/64947952690/the-glasgow-haskell-compiler-ghc-on-os-x-10-9is
the simplest one you an recommend, because it'll worth with haskell
platform and none haskell platform systems.