OverloadedRecordFields

Adam Gundry adam at well-typed.com
Tue Feb 25 17:42:03 UTC 2014

Simon,

On 25/02/14 16:18, Simon Peyton Jones wrote:
> I'm very happy to hear that... good stuff.
>
> I'm under water with ICFP submissions (deadline Sat).  Moreover I think it is clearly too later to put this into 7.8; RC1 is out and I expect RC2 any day.
>
> So I suggest we plan to merge after 7.8 is out.

Right. I wasn't suggesting to put OverloadedRecordFields in 7.8, just
the 7.9 master branch! But given the potential need to backport fixes
from master to the 7.8 branch, I think it makes sense to wait.

> Are the wiki pages up to date?
> Records/OverloadedRecordFields
> Records/OverloadedRecordFields/Implementation
> Records/OverloadedRecordFields/Plan
>
> The first does not point to the latter two; "Plan" may mean "Design"... I feel some rationalisation may make sense

They are up to date but I'll go over them and tidy them up. Alas, it
doesn't look like Trac supports redirects...

Adam

--
Adam Gundry, Haskell Consultant