Summarize #7602

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 21:54:16 UTC 2014

@Andrew, if you have GHC built with a real GCC, theres no perf issue.
(though if you built GHC with clang, thereis)

I've a bindist thats from the 7.8 branch from 5 days ago that I built wiht
GCC-4.8 here
https://github.com/cartazio/ghc/releases/tag/carters-build-7.8-preRC1
you may need to patch the settings file to point to your own GCC version

point being, no issue if you built with GCC. :)