Summarize #7602

Andrew Farmer afarmer at ittc.ku.edu
Tue Feb 4 21:22:56 UTC 2014

I know that #7602 has been mentioned as a final loose end in the RC. I was
wondering if someone in the know could summarize its status in regards to
how it effects GHC users.

Feel free to be blisteringly brief... ;-) I'm just looking for things like:
"this is a non-issue on modern OS X/Clang" or "it'll be fixed soon just be
patient" or "we've done our part, this is Apple's problem now".

I gave the trac thread a read-through, but there seems to be several
degrees of flexibility/workarounds, so I'm still not sure if this is
something I should worry about on my OS X machine.

Thanks for your cycles!
Andrew