[GHC] #8704: Use GHC.Exts.build in randoms, randomRs to achieve fusion

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 21:11:38 UTC 2014

Thanks, no I was not CC'd.  Now I've added myself  to ghc-tickets
(alongside libraries, ghc-devs, haskell-cafe ... whew ;-) .)

An initial inspection of the patch looks fine.  I'll go ahead and merge it.

However, I remind everyone that the priority should be replacing random
entirely.  It's slow and known to be a bad algorithm (for the splitting
bit).  Koen Classen & co had an implementation in the Haskell symposium
paper that may be a candidate.