API Annotatons in a FunBind

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 23 13:25:47 UTC 2014

Also, there is currently no location information for the fun_id for an infix definition, which can move around depending on the size of the left operand, and the choices made for whitespace.

Good point.  So is the field only needed for an equation in infix form?  Can we get rid of fun_infix, and replace with a mabe_infix field in the Match, used only for (a) FunBind that is (b) infix?

In ordinary expressions I still don’t understand how you distinguish
            map ( +) xs
from
            map (+ ) xs

Simon