Fatal: Reference is not a tree

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Mon Dec 22 17:32:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Jan Stolarek <jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl> wrote:
>> Haddock is on Phabricator and has an .arcconfig file. All you need to
>> do is submit a revision like normally, just run 'arc diff' in the
>> Haddock directory.
> But this will create a separate revision for haddock, right? My changes in haddock are related to
> revision I am working on. What I would want to do is somehow have my haddock changes uploaded as
> part of the diff.

This simply isn't possible when using submodules with any code review
tool I know of, because submodules do not contain content, only
*pointers* to content elsewhere in another repository.

To accomplish what you want you we would instead need to use 'git
subtree' instead of submodules, which essentially allows multiple git
repositories to live under a unified umbrella. But that comes with
some other problems (the least of which is that 'git subtree' is not
an official Git tool; it is a 'contrib' tool).

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant