performance regressions

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Sat Dec 13 15:03:15 UTC 2014

I think I've fixed this. I've pushed the fix to wip/rae, and waiting for validation results before pushing to master.

My hunch below was right -- it was the change to matchFam, which essentially evaluated type-level functions more strictly. I've now made it lazier again. I'd like to better understand the tradeoff here, and to see if there's a principled sweet spot. But that will happen in a few days.

Expect a push to master soon.

Again, sorry for the bother.

Richard