Out Of Process Template Haskell

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 4 11:07:48 UTC 2014

Luite's "out of process TH" work is amazing.  If someone had suggested it to me I'd have said "it sounds entirely impractical", but he showed that I would have been quite wrong.

I'm open to fixing up GHC, preferably via some plugin variations, to support this.  (I would prefer not to add a whole batch of new dependencies.)

If a little sub-group would like to:
 * Articulate their preferred design (from a user point of view)
   on a wiki page
 * Sketch the implementation plan
 * Build a patch
and get consensus on all of that, let's go for it.  I guess that means at least Luite and Moritz; I'm not sure who else is keen here.

The ball is in your court.

Thank you!

Simon

|       |   ghc   | .<---- ( compiles and queries ghc for lookups ) ----.