Keeping the "Newcomers" wiki page alive

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Dec 2 09:14:00 UTC 2014

Dear James,

Am Montag, den 01.12.2014, 20:50 -0500 schrieb James Crayne:
> I am entirely new, in fact, this is my first post on this list, and I
> am not entirely sure I have picked the right spot to jump in tbh.

welcome!

> I tried to think of a word for this category that fits better than
> difficulty, and it seems to me that the word that best captures what I
> understand to be the intention is something like "Barrier" as in
> barrier to entry.
>
> Perhaps the barrier to entry might best be read component-wise, as in
> Compiler-{virgin,newbie,veteren} etc? And so that could be combined
> into the component tag?

The concept of the “barrier“ is a good one. But we already started using
the "newcomer" tag, and after all its just a name, so I do not think it
matters much... I say we stick what we have right now.

You are free to jump right in, of course:
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Newcomers#Fixingabug

Greetings,
Joachim

--