nofib external dependencies

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Aug 25 16:42:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Montag, den 25.08.2014, 18:35 +0400 schrieb Alexander Pakhomov:
> I've noticed nofib depends on external packages, such as vector.
> So when vector is updated we have a benchmark result change even without compiler changes.
> I guess we need to use fixed version. When some package has major updates we do have to pick
>  we should rename benchmark because it's not the same benchmark.

well, the version of vector we use is fixed via git submodules. So in a
sense, GHC contains vector, and if someone bumps the vector version via
a git commit, this commit has an effect on our benchmarks – not much
difference to other commits changing GHC code.

Also note that nofib depends on base and the Prelude. Again, not much
difference.

Greetings,
Joachim

--