Status of GHC targetting ARM?

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:23:55 UTC 2014

Hi Iavor!

I work with/on GHC for iOS daily and have been using it on a large
near-production project for ~2 years without trouble. We released binaries
for iOS compilers as part of 7.8:
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_7_8_3#ios
along with these toolchain scripts
https://github.com/ghc-ios/ghc-ios-scripts
and Cabal works well with it too.

I've recently completed a patchset for LLVM and GHC to add ARM64 support
that I'll be submitting soon.

As far as building GHC for iOS, all of the patches are in mainline except
for an out-of-date libffi, and some tweaks to the bindist system when
generating redistributable binaries.

The only major missing piece is Template Haskell support.

Best
Luke