ARM64 Task Force

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 23:58:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,

An update on this -- I've made a bit of progress thanks to Karel and Colin's
start at ARM64 support
With a few tweaks*, that let me build a GHC that builds ARM64 binaries and
load them onto my iPad Air, which is great! But of course they don't work
yet since LLVM doesn't have the ARM64/GHC calling convention in.

Happily I was able to use LLVM HEAD to do this, which means we don't need
to be bound to Xcode's release schedules.

I'm now studying David's patches to LLVM to learn how to add the ARM64/GHC
calling convention to LLVM.

*including Ben Gamari's patches to get LLVM HEAD working
https://github.com/bgamari/ghc/tree/llvm-3.5-new

Best
Luke