austin at well-typed.com
Mon Aug 4 16:51:35 UTC 2014
Here's some weekly status updates!
- I'm merging Applicative-Monad today after a few more minor fixes.
OMG YES. This only occurred after fighting off some nasty bugs that
took quite a while to track down. Unfortunately this ate up most of my
time this week.
- I redid the Phabricator page quite a bit on the wiki, as I sent in
my earlier email. Do read over it and let me know what you think, I'll
be updating it more soon:
- I'm going to be redoing the Git wiki pages a bit today to
streamline them, which hopefully will only take a few hours.
- I'm draining the patch queue still, both from Phabricator and Trac,
although I need to re-triage a few of the Trac tickets in particular
which are in 'patch' status.
- We have a new committer afoot, Karel Gardas! Yay! He's been working
on Solaris support, so having direct access to commit will surely help
speed things up here.
- DPH will soon be disabled by default in ./validate, although Geoff
has stepped up to help alleviate some of the pain (see prior emails
After all that:
- I'm going to fix bugs! Yes, I'll actually have time to do that.
- Sometime this week I'll also hopefully finish off my Phabricator
integrations: better build bot, with accurate logs, and posting to
Trac from Phabricator. This is *almost* done, but still needs to be
tested/deployed a bit.
- I may get around to finally pushing my patches for faster inline
copies this week (and -march support) if I still have time.
Do let me know if anything is on your mind, or if any of you have questions.
Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, http://www.well-typed.com/
More information about the ghc-devs