Relocating (some of) GHC's core-libraries to github.com/haskell

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 09:58:14 UTC 2014

Hello Simon,

On 2014-04-28 at 11:28:35 +0200, Simon Marlow wrote:

[...]

>> However, we can configure the lagged mirror such that we'd automatically
>> mirror github's 'master' branch into our lagged mirror (we'd still be
>> free to create local wip/* or ghc-7.10 branches at git.haskell.org if
>> needed)
>
> I think that's fine.  As Simon points out, we already have lagging
> repo functionality in the form of the submodule links, so the repo on
> git.haskell.org can be a pure mirror.

Just so I get this right, does "pure mirror" here mean that we don't
want users to be able to push to the automatically mirrored repo on
git.haskell.org at all, but rather the only way to get any commits into
the git.haskell.org mirrored repo would be push it via the GitHub repo?

(I'd like that, as it would make the set-up easier and hopefully less
confusing, as there'd be only a single data-flow path)

Cheers,
  hvr